Almost all home purchases will include a 1 year home warranty for the buyer. This home warranty will cover all major/costly issues that may arise in a home. But what if you are not aware of the issue until after the warranty expires? You are out of luck, unless you got a home warranty inspection!
Many new home buyers do not realize the importance of a home warranty inspection because it’s just not something we really think about. However, getting a home inspection before the one year expiration of your home warranty will help you identify anything that needs to be replaced or repaired so you can make a claim before your coverage ends.
It’s essential to get all the repairs and safety hazards well documented by a knowledgeable and professional home inspector at least a month before your home warranty company terminates the warranty period.
In this blog we will discuss why you should get a home warranty inspection and what you should get checked before the home warranty expires.
Here’s why you should get a home warranty inspection done:
- It helps you identify defects that you would have never known about, so you can get them repaired, at little or no out of pocket cost, while your home is still under warranty.
- Having a well document, professional report with pictures makes it easier for you to inform the warranty company about the repairs needed.
- It helps you identify small defects that may eventually turn in expensive repairs in the near future.
The cost of warranty repairs was basically paid for when you purchased your home. You have essentially already paid for these repairs.
- Last but not the least, the cost of the inspection is nothing compared to the potential cost of repairs that will still be covered in your warranty.
Now, after learning why getting a home warranty inspection is important, let’s go over what should get checked during a home warranty inspection.
Here’s the home warranty inspection checklist:
The primary goal of a home warranty inspection is to provide a detailed report (after a thorough inspection) that lists all the items that are not performing or operating properly, as well as any safety threats.
- Heating & Central Air Conditioning Systems
- Plumbing Connections & Fittings
- Electrical Outlets, Wiring & Panels
- Windows & Doors
- Drywall, Walls & Ceilings
- Fireplace & Chimneys
- Gutters & Downspouts
- Decks & Wood Structures
Make sure that your professional home inspector inspects all of the above mentioned systems efficiently. It will not only give you peace of mind, but will also ensure that you have the opportunity to get any defects repaired under your warranty.
Worthy Inspection Services located in Ellensburg, WA provides professional and thorough home warranty inspection. Contact us at 509-307-8493 to schedule an inspection.
Worthy Inspection Services provides complete and affordable home inspection services in Central Washington. Our goal is to provide exceptional home maintenance and inspection services while maintaining quality, integrity and convenience. We are committed to providing honest, unbiased information to help our clients make an informed decision about their property.